This blog brought to you by...us!

This blog brought to you by...us!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Making a Vegetable Garden

Dena, "We should make a Vegetable Garden!"
Dustin, "Why?"
Dena, "It would be fun!"
Dustin, "But I have to do most of the work."
Dena, "I know."
Just thought I would let all of you know how most of our conversations go when I want something. I just have so many great ideas...poor Dustin!
Most of our yard is shaded, but I have an area by the garage that gets sun. This is the site of our Vegetable Garden.

This is Dustin using our rented Rototiller from Home Depot.

After Dustin prepped the soil I began planting my veggies and herbs. I planted Big Boy Tomatoes, Yellow Pear Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, Basil, and Parsley. I also planted Marigolds between the plants to keep the Deer away. My garden also includes a trellis with a Joseph's Coat climbing rose and a Rhododendrun.




5 comments:

Christy and Drew said...

How cute! You two have been quite the gardeners!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Chanci said...

Wow, your yard and garden look amazing! I am so jealous, I wish I had a yard to do all of that fun stuff with. How did you know about the marigolds for the deer? I haven't heard of that. You coming out to Utah anytime soon?

Porter said...

Dena and Dustin...that looks so good! You will reap the benefits in a few months. Last year we planted everything to do homemade salsa...even cilantro and loved it! We ended up with 3 HUGE watermelons too! This year Gary wanted to add corn to the garden. I was like, "are you sure?" It is so big and ugly .....

{Jamey} said...

Good job on the garden! Your yard is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Dena, you're so funny, mostly . . .